Coming from northern Sweden, I have moved around a lot and also lived seven years in Denmark. I now live in the picturesque, historical town Vadstena, Sweden. My devotion to nature and plants is reflected in my art. I love watercolour – it is challengeing, difficult and offers infinite variations and possibilites!
I enjoy seeing and showing the beauty of the small and insignificant, how time passes through the seasons and also how time puts its print on the human made, on buildings and things. I met watercolour in late 80’s, but have painted with intensity and focus only since 2014 and am self-taught. Observation skill is just as important as learning the craft of painting and that has been a lifelong training. My passion, curiosity and determination has made my artwork develop quickly into my own style that I call ‘Poetic realism’.
In my life I have also been working as archaeologist, therapist, organic farmer, writer/journalist/editor and more. I have also had an art gallery/shop/café for a short time. I am also mother of two creative sons.
Being handicrafty, I experiment with making my own watercolour paints from mineral pigments and also plant pigments.
You can read more about watercolour and my materials here!
- You find prices on original artworks on each post, when clicked on. If interested – contact me!
- I can send works as they are, mounted or framed, as you wish.
- I ship worldwide.
- Payment through Paypal is preferred.
- I’m happy to take commissions!
I am Group leader/Coordinator for Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland for the yearly international watercolour exhibition/congress in Fabriano, Italy.
- IWS Pakistan int. juried show, Hyderabadh.
- Sydjysk Kunstforening, juried Danish exhibition 4 works.
- Fabriano 2018 juried show.
- IWS Albania int. juried show, Tirana.
- Arcitect office Sweco, Kolding Denmark.
- Galleri Vilan, Froevi Sweden.
- Bovbjerg fyr, mixed arts gallery in a lighthouse, Jutland Denmark.
- IWS Slovakia int. juried show, Bratislava.
- Café Hoejbyhus, Odense.
- Nordic Watercolour, juried membership triennal for NAS, Hilleroed Denmark.
- Juried show Vadehavets censurerede udstilling, mixed arts, Skaerbaek Denmark.
- AoW (Art of Watercolour) 23rd issue 2016: Readers competition, featured as one of six chosen.
- Featured in Arches artist paper’s website gallery with Arches on Arches-series nov 2016.
- Article on Arches artist paper’s website, oct 2017 On working with plant pigment watercolours.
- Vejle Amts Folkeblad (local newspaper) article May 2017
- NA, local Swedish newspaper article March 2017
- ‘Watercolour is real art’, interview in Feministiskt Perspektiv, Swedish web magazine june 2017